Sunday, May 25, 2008

Seeing Vs. Vision

A lot of people can see but do not have vision. Lack of vision makes you “blind” to opportunities to that may improve your life. They also make you “blind” to a lot of harmful things that present themselves in your life. This is what people are talking about when they say “wool over your eyes” or “seeing the light”. If you are reading this blog then you can see. But, how’s your vision? Can you see and do you have vision?
Seeing is an important sense. Without it you couldn’t navigate around, see colors or see the smile on your family’s faces. But it doesn’t stop at that. In order to move forward in life, you must have vision or you’re just existing, not living. Think about it for a second. When you walk around, do you stare at your feet as you walk or do you look ahead? When you drive, do you stare at your hands on the steering wheel or do you look ahead on the road to see where you are going and to avoid potential danger? Even at work, when I’m assembling products, seeing and vision come into play. I notice that if focus on exactly what I am doing at the time I work harder even though I get the job done. In contrast, if I start the step that is currently needed and then focus on the next step, I move more efficiently. I end up with time for a short break in between parts. This break keeps me less stressed than focusing only on the task currently at hand.
Only seeing things as they are keeps you poor. It keeps you in the same place as you are. But if you have vision, you can see the possibilities. You have the opportunity to take advantage of positive things that can make you more prosperous. You will also be able to see the things that will make life more difficult for you. So my question to you is:
Do you have vision or are you just seeing? Think about it. Until next time, be blessed and grow rich.

No comments: